Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

{Baked Chicken and Mango Samosas with Mint Chutney}

I love trying new recipes.  I am constantly searching for new things to make or different variations on my current recipes.  Although I do have quite a few recipes that I make consistently, I really don't understand how some families have pasta night on Monday, tacos on Tuesday, meatloaf on Wednesday.....  Blah!

Although I can't take credit for this recipe, I am very excited to share it with you.  I hope it adds a little spice to your recipe lineup.


The recipe is from one of the newest Food Network chefs, Aarti Sequeira.  She makes Indian food and I couldn't wait to try this recipe when I saw it.  The recipe is Baked Samosas with Mint Chutney and can be found here.


{Photo from FoodNetwork.com}


This recipe is delicious and such a good way to shake up your menu for the week.  The filling has chicken, potato, mango, cilantro and smokey chipotle sauce.  Such a great combination of flavors!


The recipe calls for puff pastry which is great, but very pricey.  There is a substitute recipe included which calls for buttermilk.  I didn't have buttermilk on hand though, so I decided to use a traditional pie dough recipe which I made here, and rolled out here .


Enjoy!



1 comment: