Pages

Follow by Email

Sunday, December 11, 2011

{Eat, Drink and Be Married}

Things have been pretty busy with the holidays quickly approaching.  I'm not really sure where the time has gone!  I have been working on my mom's wedding, which will take place on New Year's Day, while still getting all of the gifts wrapped and under the tree for Christmas.  I was also happy to host a quickly planned get together for family in honor of Matt's brother and new bride.  They will have a formal wedding next year, but I wanted to make sure they had an extra special night.


Here are some of the photos.  I will be posting some of the recipes I used this week, specifically the ones I received special requests for!


So here is the full spread...



Matt's mom made the cake.  I wanted to go with a less than traditional topper and loved the pennant banners I have seen on Pinterest.


Rather than a traditional boiled shrimp cocktail, I love Ina Garten's idea of a roasted shrimp cocktail.  I used a traditional cocktail sauce and a parsley paprika pesto for something to mix it up a little.  Full details to follow. 


Who doesn't secretly love to double dip???  I have seen this idea on Pinterest and decided to let people do so shamelessly!  Little veggie cups with homemade buttermilk basil dressing at the bottom.  I included little "C" toothpicks to make the cherry tomatoes easier to grab and to add a personal touch.


I love this recipe!  Giada De Laurentiis uses focaccia bread and adds pesto to make a unique little sandwich that provides a heartier item for a party. 


I also used Alton Brown's Spinach and Artichoke Dip which I posted here (with my new favorite bread machine recipe - to follow), Devilishly Delicious Deviled Eggs here, and my Tomato and Mozzarella Bruschetta.

We also enjoyed a little mimosa bar and hot chocolate that I made in my Crock Pot.  I will be post the hot chocolate recipe - so easy and very tasty.


For decorations I made a couple of fun signs.  The top one was outside and the bottom on the food table.



I made a simple banner with my new obsession Silhouette machine that says "Congrats Mr and Mrs"




I hung the banner on the mirror above our entry table which was decorated with some cute letters that I painted.


Finally, a small favor for the guests courtesy of Pinterest.  I have made some of these simple ornaments for weddings that Matt and I have attended this year.  All you need is a clear ornament from a craft store and a wedding invitation.  Cut the invitation into strips, twist them around a pen and drop them into the ornament.  I added a little sign that said, "Couldn't wait to spend the first Christmas as Mr and Mrs"


It was fun to use so many of the ideas I have been seeing on Pinterest!  I will be posting some of these recipes soon as well as other items I have been making lately.

2 comments:

  1. Everything turned out great! They are so lucky to have you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of having the veggies in individual cups.

    ReplyDelete