Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2011

{Roasted Rosemary Cashews}

These. Were. Fabulous.


Ina Garten nailed this recipe.  I made these for an appetizer for Thanksgiving since they could easily be prepped ahead and ended up making them as a Christmas gift for work.  Everyone asked for the recipe.


The recipe can be found here on the Food Network site.


{Photo from FoodNetwork.com}

I was amazed by how the simple ingredients created such an amazing mix of sweet and savory with just a touch of heat.  I did back down the cayenne just a touch (to about 1/4 teaspoon) because some of my friends and family are so sensitive to heat.  Surprisingly, the rosemary was not at all overpowering.

I made mine ahead and they were just as good.  Or at least to the people who ate them because they didn't know that they were even better when I was sneaking them straight from the oven.  I promise, both will be great though.

You really must try them, but trust me...Make extra, because you will want to eat them...all.

Ingredients
1 1/4 pounds cashew nuts
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 tablespoon melted butter
Directions
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Place the nuts on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes until they are warmed through. Meanwhile, combine the rosemary, pepper, sugar, salt and butter in a large bowl. Toss the warm nuts with the rosemary mixture until the nuts are completely coated. Serve warm.

Note: After reading the comments and reviews, I opted to toss the nuts with the melted butter first and then add the other ingredients so they would stick better.

{Enjoy!}

No comments:

Post a Comment